Wednesday, November 21, 2012
14 Things to Be Thankful For when your Fridge Dies
1. I'm grateful that this has happened before. This is actually the third time that this has happened in the last 10 years. But I'm glad that we know what part we need and we don't have to pay for an expensive repairman.
2. I'm grateful that we just have to replace a inexpensive part instead of having to buy a new fridge.
3. The internet - Any time of day or night you can order the part you need from the comfort of your own home.
4. A handy-man husband.
5. An extra freezer. We were able to fit almost all of the food from the freezer into our extra freezer in the garage.
6. Coolers. Luckily we have plenty of coolers at our house. It was just a matter of grabbing some ice.
7. Cold weather. We put the coolers on the front porch we have only needed to add ice once.
8. A kind husband. Since I was asleep when he noticed the fridge wasn't working, he took care of everything, without waking me up.
9. Speedy delivery. The part should be here by the time you all are reading this. YAY!
10. A clean fridge. My fridge has been in need of cleaning for a long time. Now that it's empty, it was way easier to clean.
11. A vacuum. The bottom panel of the fridge is off and it was super dusty. The vacuum made quick work of cleaning it up.
12. Jam. I had frozen tons of raspberries from our yard in order to make some jam later and do it all at once. I had never gotten around to it. Since there wasn't enough room in our extra freezer, we just let them thaw out and I finally made the jam. Some of it will be given as Christmas gifts too, so there's another thing to cross off the to-do list.
13. My other appliances still work! We really have life so easy, don't we? I think back to the days when people had to hand wash their clothes and then hang them up to dry. I am grateful I don't have to keep a fire burning to cook my food. We recently got a new dishwasher after ours had been broken for at least 6 months. I'm SO glad for the conveniences of life.
14. Last, but definitely not least, I'm grateful that Thanksgiving is not at my house this year!
There are many more things I am thankful for. This got me started thinking of some of the things I take for granted, but am truly grateful for. It was good for me to write them down. I'll be making another more extensive list over the next few days.
What are you thankful for this year?